Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

How to make a Christmas Light Display

telletran
    telletran

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2009-10-29

How to make a Christmas Light Display Empty How to make a Christmas Light Display

Post by telletran Mon May 10, 2010 8:43 am

Hi all. I decided to go all out and make my Christmas lights on my house really rock! Most lights you just plug in, maybe they blink, maybe not, however... if you are a bit on the nerdy side and handy with electricity, you can be the talk of the block when its Christmastime! I will be using a computer controlled system linked to lights by data cables and satellite boards outside. Also, they will be synced up to a music set list so the show will run for 2 hours without repeating and will be broadcasted outside to speakers as well as transmitted on the FM band at 103.8 MHz. Its a bit more expensive and technical mind-crushing but the end result is worth it. I started right after this Christmas gathering software, sequences and electrical/electronic components to complete my system. I started a small blog about it at http://timbertownchristmas.blogspot.com/ so others could monitor my progress. My show will start the day after Thanksgiving and run til New Years Day from 6 PM PST til 10 PM PST. Also I will be posting videos on Youtube when its all done and running. I will try to make a walkthrough video as well as lights on vids. Thanks for visiting. Merry Christmas! (even if its early) Telletran santa rendeer lol!
    Chief262b
    Chief262b
    Admin

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

How to make a Christmas Light Display Empty Re: How to make a Christmas Light Display

Post by Chief262b Wed May 12, 2010 12:48 am

All I can say is WOW!!
    mamee
    mamee

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

How to make a Christmas Light Display Empty Re: How to make a Christmas Light Display

Post by mamee Mon May 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey telle

Very impressive lol. Will be following your progress with great interest.

Mamee flower
    Sir herio
    Sir herio

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post by Sir herio Mon May 24, 2010 10:50 pm

This is some serious nice work!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:21 pm