Do you have AAADD? Check it out

Do you have AAADD? Check it out

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:34 am

Is this YOU?

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder. Somehow I feel better, even though I have it!!

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Coke is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Coke on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed,

the bills aren't paid,

there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,

the flowers don't have enough water,

there is still only 1 check in my check book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Do me a favor. Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who I've sent it to.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

Re: Do you have AAADD? Check it out

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Yup yup
    This could be some of my many sympthoms. Glad someone could help me put a name on it cyclops
    Now to start playing rs, but first i need to put on the laundry and while i do that i can tidy up some of the allready washed clothes..

But outside the cabinet it's messy so i have to clean up that before i put the clothes inside.

OOps look at the time...i have to pick up the kids shortly... Dang i didn't reach to play any rs today Sleep
    ainosa
    Admin

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post by ainosa on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Hello....Doc...

Did you know your driveway is flooded?

It looks like someone left the water hose on.....
    mikyleange
    Admin

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Post by mikyleange on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:59 pm

lol!

Well, darn! That's what's wrong!

Been there, done that, wrote the manuel!

Miky

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:48 pm